Friday, May 8, 2009

Salone - Part II

Hello!
I've been away from blogging for too long!
Sorry for leaving this blog to collect dust...

I've been working in the non-virtual world on my Lang Opportunity Scholarship project proposal. The project proposal has been approved by my wonderful committee (thank you!) and so I'm (nearly) set to return to Sierra Leone this summer to initiate community-based therapy of malnutrition with locally produced ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) in the Koya chiefdom of the Portloko District.

This project is made possible by the generous financial support of the Lang Opportunity Scholarship of Swarthmore College and by the Public Policy program at Swarthmore. Thank you for the opportunity.

I'll be in Salone from the end of May through mid August - yup, almost three months!

Keep me in your prayers as I prepare for this trip.

I'll update everyone on the actual project after my Biochem final!

Take care,
Lois

2 comments:

Unknown said...

아름아!!

몸 건강히 잘 지내다 오렴^^

기도 할께..

-이모-

Camilia said...

Hi Lois! I hope everything is going well. I imagine that you left for Sierra Leone about a week ago and hope that you had safe travels and that this message finds you well in whatever part of Sierra Leone that you may be. Best of luck as you embark on your endeavor and know that I am thinking of you!
Camilia